How Your Donations Are Helping and What Can You Get
Q: What is the breakdown of the donations being used locally and sent internationally? How are these donations used, what are the programmes?
A: A large portion of the donations goes to supporting local community and school outreach activities as WWF recognises that public education and advocacy to government and businesses is key to the overall success of conservation efforts. Some of the local programmes which you may be familiar with would be the Earth Hour and Sustainable Seafood Campaign where we encourage Singaporeans to develop sustainable lifestyle habits and businesses to provide commercial solutions for conservation. In addition, WWF Singapore funds 2 global conservation projects in Asia i.e. the Heart of Borneo for forest conservation and the Coral Triangle to preserve the marine ecosystem.
Q: Will WWF send updates to donors on their programmes? And how?
A: We update our members regularly through emails, calls and events. Members can also read more about programme developments through our Annual Report which is available on the WWF website – wwf.sg and also on our blog – blog.wwf.sg.
On top of that, WWF organises bi-monthly exclusive activities, events and meet & greets for our members. Stay tuned for updates or send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or want to know when the next event is taking place!
Q: Where can I get information on how donations are used?
A: WWF’s financial report is made available to the public at WWF’s website, wwf.sg. As a charity registered in Singapore, we comply with local regulatory requirements such as those stipulated by Commissioner of Charities (COC) and Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA). Our accounts are prepared under the Singapore Companies Act and Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, and are audited by Deloitte & Touche LLP.
Donor Service Questions
Q: Why are my online donations non-tax deductible?
A: Donations to WWF-World Wide Fund for Nature (Singapore) Limited, in support of local, regional and global initiatives, are non-tax deductible. In Singapore, donations for a charitable purpose beyond local initiatives are not tax deductible. Our programme initiatives include advocacy, public education and the conservation of priority areas such as Coral Triangle and the Heart of Borneo, as well as the protection of endangered species and habitats.
Q: I want to get a tax receipt, is that possible?
A: As your donations under this programme are channeled to conservation projects beyond Singapore, it is non-tax deductible. Should you need a tax receipt, you will have to donate to WWF’s Conservation Fund which has IPC status and where donations are limited to only local projects. To do so, please issue a cheque payable to “WWFS Conservation Fund”. Please write your full name (per identification card), contact number, mailing address and tax reference number (e.g. NRIC) at the back of cheque and send to:
WWF Singapore – Conservation Fund,
354 Tanglin Road #02-11, Singapore 247672
We will mail the tax deductible receipt to your mailing address.
Q: Can I donate any amount for one-time? Is there a minimum amount?
A: Of course you can donate only for one-time! Any help is highly welcome. Note that to cover bank charges, online donations have a minimum donation amount of $10 (either for monthly or one-time). However, as our conservation efforts are on-going and because WWF is largely dependent on donations from good hearted individuals like you, we really encourage that you step forward today through an on-going support for our long-term programmes in terms of just a one-time donation, but you have the last word!
Q: Can I cancel/ stop my donation anytime?
A: Yes, you can anytime – all donations to WWF are based on voluntary basis and out of goodwill. However, we hope you can stay with us and support our conservation efforts for at least 3-4 years and beyond as tangible outcomes and improvement on the environment can only be achieved with sustainable support, and change does not happen overnight. But should you need to cancel your donation, please contact our Membership team at +65 6730 8117 (Monday-Friday, 9:30am- 6:30pm) or send an email to email@example.com and we will process your request.
Q: How much funds go to the cause?
A: WWF Singapore spends no more than 30% of donations received on public fundraising and awareness programmes. The rest of the 70% goes to support the entire cause which includes local, regional and global initiatives. This is in compliance with the 70/30 rule on public fundraising mandated by the Singapore government for all charity organisations.
Q: Is the government funding WWF?
A: We have received a grant from the Economic Development Board to start-up the office back in 2006. Currently, we are self-funded and do not get any government funding for operational costs and majority of WWF’s programmes.DONATE